Author Topic: Pi-in-the-Sky Graphics Demonstration Program (with 3D)  (Read 8369 times)

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
Re: Pi-in-the-Sky Graphics Demonstration Program (with 3D)
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 11:06:44 pm »
That's what I was kinda thinking: a simple case of names not matching the lookup values.  All we probably need is a simple routine to strip symbols off before looking up the names from our internal list.

Does the following work?

CONST X! = 3.14
CONST Y! = 2 * X
PRINT X, Y

If you notice, the second line is using X without the specific symbol attached.  At the moment, I'm thinking the glitch is probably only on the right side of the = sign. 

(IF it works, try it with X! and see if that breaks it.  If so, I think it'll be a trivial fix once I get my PC back and can address the issue.)

No they are all working (I also tested with % and I put the assignments on same CONST line. I am having a difficult time coming up with a simple example that is not working.

Qwerkey was staying true to suffix endings with his names in the problem set.

I did manage to run across a problem with adding something to a CONST for another CONST and I don't usually worry about suffix endings with CONSTs. Sorry I didn't save the case. I was assigning on the same CONST line, if I recall, and probably using a camelVariableName. That's why I thought you might be onto something with the camel test.

Aha! Caught one, 2nd line sAm%

sAm is wrong.PNG

And sAm fixed!

sAm fixed.PNG

But sAm% is OK here

sAm% OK here.PNG
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:16:02 pm by bplus »

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2020, 11:16:44 pm »
From those, it appears to be losing the -5, from the aBel% - 5.  I'll dig into it soonish.  ;)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2022, 11:44:31 am »
@Qwerkey

Yea! About time you put this in Graphics Library :)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2022, 01:25:59 pm »
@bplus Fellow Librarian, you always wanted this in the Library.  This is a whimsical output project (although the basis of the project was serious - to demonstrate the power of QB64 in graphics).  I put it into the Graphics Library at this time to show that QB64 is quite definitely for the amateur (as well as quasi-professional): nobody need fear the transition to the new team.  Incidentally, the program is slightly updated: now all the scenes have appropriate audio.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2022, 01:45:39 pm »
Incidentally, the program is slightly updated: now all the scenes have appropriate audio.

Oh good to know, I will update my copy, thanks :)

Should I remind everyone who's looking out the lighthouse window?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:08:00 pm by bplus »