Author Topic: New requests for future InForm release?  (Read 16404 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
New requests for future InForm release?
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:45:42 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Please bellow find two requests that would make InForm easier to use for developpers.

On the textbox, could you add a method that limits the list of charaters entered (e.g. "YyNnSsDd" or "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" or whatever else including (or not) characters such as "-_.,") that could be specified in an entry field like you do with the minimum/maximum for the numerictextbox?

On the numerictextbox, coud you add a method that specify integer or float and unsigned or not that could be by default float and signed?

These two new options would help a lot and save a bunch of code lines to control the entries.

What do you think?

TIA
Fifi
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:59:40 pm by Fifi »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

Re: New requests for future InForm release?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:53:56 pm »
Suggestions noted. Thanks!

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:01:20 am »
Fifi, you have a lot of activity on Inform, but as yet no InForm programs.  Shall we soon see some of your InForm creations?  It is, I really don't need to say, another of Fellippe's marvels.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 06:07:22 pm »
Hi Qwerkey,

Sorry but my codes are so "poor" that I don't publish them (you would laught all day long) since, as a matter of fact, I'm not really a developper but more an analist and mainly a software designer (you know, the kind of guy who has an idea, then ask to his dev team to do the impossible job, then test it and finally write the user manual when all is fixed, what was my main job for over 35 years in my own company).

Meanwhile, I truly love Fellippe's products (both InForm and vWATCH) and try to "participate" to his projects with ideas I got from other tools I use.

BTW, my next step this year 2019 is to learn to really code both in QB64 + InForm and also in pure C ANSI (for the performances).

Cheers.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 06:03:26 am »
Sorry but my codes are so "poor" that I don't publish them

That has never stopped me!