Author Topic: BAD & GOOD news for InForm on Debian 8 & 9.  (Read 16023 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
BAD & GOOD news for InForm on Debian 8 & 9.
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:12:38 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

I've just ran my multi lingual install script on a baremetal system (my iMac 27 with an i7 and 32 Gb of RAM) with both Debian 8 and Debian 9 in live sessions and here are the results.

1) The BAD news is that the current InForm Beta 8 has the same problem on a baremetal system than on a VM, and to be honest I didn't expected anything else since I mainly use VMware Fusion for all my VMs and not VirtualBox (that has so many problems).

2) But the GOOD news is that the two fixes you sent me (UiEditor.bas and UiEditorPreview.bas) work like a charm on my baremetal system exactly as they do on Vms.

So, you found and fixed the problem for Debian 8 & 9 and you can add your modifications right now without holding them for your next beta.

BTW, do you want I try with other older Debian releases (i.e. 6 or 7 that are not supported anymore) ?

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Fifi
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 08:11:09 pm by Fifi »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
Re: BAD & GOOD news for InForm on Debian 8 & 9.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:16:01 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Do you plan to modify your two files (UiEditor.bas and UiEditorPreview.bas) soon or should I modify my install script and provide these two files as a temporary work arround when my script detects Debian 8 or Debian 9 to avoid te problem?

TIA.

Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 10:46:58 pm »
I'll do some more testing first to find a better solution. The temporary hack I provided you is not the best approach.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:00:12 am »
Hi Fellippe,

Thanx for your response.

I'll do some more testing first to find a better solution. The temporary hack I provided you is not the best approach.

BTW, don't hesitate to send me other solutions to test both on baremetal PCs and VMs since I'm so gald to help.

Cheers.
Fifi