Author Topic: Previous Beta 7 release?  (Read 16112 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
Previous Beta 7 release?
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:01:22 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

Is it possible to download the previous Inform Beta 7 release and if yes, where (please a link)?

That's only for my internal test purpose.

TIA.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

Re: Previous Beta 7 release?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:16:46 pm »
Betas 6, 7 and 8 available here: https://github.com/FellippeHeitor/InForm/releases

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:18:55 pm »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:55:18 am »
Hi Fellippe,

Still can't find an objective reason why InForm isn't running with Debian 8 and 9 when it runs nicely with Q4OS that is a fork of Debian 9.

I'm clueless!

However, may I suggest the following "work arround":

- When InForm is started, test the Linux release it is called from (command line: lsb_release -sc), and if it's a Debian 8 or 9 distro (response "jessy" for Debian 8 and "stretch" for Debian 9), select your previous communication protocol used with the Beta 7.

It's only a "temporary work arround" to give you time to check what is wrong with this main Linux distro.

What do you think ?

Cheers.
Fifi

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 12:23:46 pm »
There's no previous protocol in Beta 8. The code has been upgraded and not kept.

As soon as I've had a chance to investigate I'll get back to you.