Author Topic: [Inform] Hacking/Solving issue of not compatibility of InForm 7beta to older ver  (Read 14614 times)

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
H Guys
seeing the incremental interest about Inform I have searched on the old notebook some sample code that I have made.

Posting to this forum Fellippe has warning me that all that old code using InForm 1 beta was not compatible with InForm 7 beta.

Sigh!

So for now I have posted the results of compilation in different ZIP/RAR file in each thread!
Moreover I have tried to hack/solve the issue of not compatibility.  For now Inform 7beta cannot recover old version to the new version.

Also if InForm 7beta loads well old project, overwriting old files the issue yet stays.
Loading in InForm 7beta an old project, I try to change manually the names of the files of the old project.
After saving project, it loads and runs in QB64IDE. But I got a program without code in the SUB event manager...
       changing the name to the new.BAS and restoring the name to the old.BAS I got  the issue again!
Changing the name of files of old project (for example adding __ at the end of the name of the files) and then loading it in the InForm 7beta I can save the old project with its original name but I got back the issue of file code void .BAS.
       Renaming the newBAS so to restore the name of old BAS, after loading this restored BAS in QB64IDE I got the issue of error in
       an internal file of InForm again .

A difficult solution is the manual Select->Copy->Paste of the code from old BAS to new .BAS
I don't know why but for some reasons the $'includes of old.BAS make error while that of the newBAS make no error!

Thanks to read and feedback.
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee

FellippeHeitor

Please check my reply at https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=485.msg3382#msg3382 concerning these update issues.

I'll make sure to try to have future releases of InForm retro-compatible with itself.

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
Thanks for time and attention about this my issue
Inform is a great tool that I'll use often.
Programming isn't difficult, only it's  consuming time and coffee