Author Topic: Samples Gallery  (Read 23539 times)

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
Re: Samples Gallery
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2020, 06:37:26 pm »
This thread is just hoppin' you guys! I praise everyone's energy. Qwerkey, you're killing it out there - don't change a thing about your style. The more sediment we can kick up and feathers we can ruffle, the better. Pretty soon Steve should be back in the picture and we can assimilate whatever of his works he points us to.

As for the big tasks on hand, I'd say let's get as much of Terry's finished code up there as we possibly can. I'll even try some tonight but this is a tall order.

And we're on the verge of opening a new category related to computation and algorithm. This will be the kind of thread where the method being shown is way more important than the vehicle that brings it. Case in point: pathfinding. So many programs need it. I don't care if Pacman is the example. See where I'm at on that? Another bucket of contributions for this thread would be all the intersection stuff bplus and others were working on, including collision detection. So stay tuned for that too...

Alright, will chime in as things come to mind. Keep up the grinding boys!

EDIT

Also Articles - and why we might need two categories of *those*...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:42:11 pm by STxAxTIC »
You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2020, 04:45:43 am »
@bplus Thanks for checking through the ToDo list.  Being on the list does not, of course, automatically qualify for entry.  Your categorisations will enable me to immediately make some of the blank ones N/A, and I can move onwards.  This is good teamwork.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:47:59 am by Qwerkey »

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2020, 04:50:40 am »
@STxAxTIC Will carry on as instructed, Sir!  Our visibility in effort here is generating interest from our prolific members.  Expect applications coming your way.  Farm out any you want to me and they'll be done.  Kudos for Team Library.

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2020, 07:57:36 am »
STx mentioned me pointing you guys toward some of my works; here’s one which you might stick in there somewhere, which I just shared elsewhere for Terry:   https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2042.0

Not everyone is going to need an independent, programmable, keyboard routine, but for those who do, I imagine the above will handle all their needs handily.  ;)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2020, 10:18:58 am »
STx mentioned me pointing you guys toward some of my works; here’s one which you might stick in there somewhere, which I just shared elsewhere for Terry:   https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2042.0

Not everyone is going to need an independent, programmable, keyboard routine, but for those who do, I imagine the above will handle all their needs handily.  ;)

@SMcNeill

I would like to help you with this, your link points to a thread whose best answer points to a reply that is labeled:
Added a few helper functions to the programmable keyboard routines above.

I don't think that is main tool, and I think we are talking tool here. It looks as if RhoSigma has tested and did @TerryRitchie  find it helpful? @TempodiBasic seems happy.

Could you bump thread with description and final code version or code link you'd like to see added?
Do you think an instruction manual might be needed to go along with this? To me it looks like we are customizing keyboards for different countries? Ha, maybe the whole thread IS the manual. :)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:34:51 am by bplus »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2020, 11:45:25 am »
@STxAxTIC  @Qwerkey

I need help with list of Tag labels, I don't think I can just make 'em up as I go...

Is [Retro] [Sim] OK? for TerryRichies 1980's Simon replica.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2020, 02:17:29 pm »
@FellippeHeitor 

Does "Lights On" in Games Board look OK to you? I couldn't find the post here but had a copy saved from before ([abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] ?) and found your reference in Dav's version. I like the game and to me it offers model example of game package (like Terry's) nice details of sound and help... and miraculously the zip fit!

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2020, 02:24:14 pm »
All good! Thanks for adding it.

PS: Might want to "insert attachment" in gallery posts, so the screenshots become part of the post (inline).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:27:55 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2020, 03:29:26 pm »
All good! Thanks for adding it.

PS: Might want to "insert attachment" in gallery posts, so the screenshots become part of the post (inline).

Thanks, and done.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »
@SMcNeill

I would like to help you with this, your link points to a thread whose best answer points to a reply that is labeled:
I don't think that is main tool, and I think we are talking tool here. It looks as if RhoSigma has tested and did @TerryRitchie  find it helpful? @TempodiBasic seems happy.

Could you bump thread with description and final code version or code link you'd like to see added?
Do you think an instruction manual might be needed to go along with this? To me it looks like we are customizing keyboards for different countries? Ha, maybe the whole thread IS the manual. :)

Still digesting this, but it does look like the Best Answer was pointed right.
Not sure how one goes about decoding key numbers for use in code. It's interesting that Mouse clicks can be detected also, and how is that decoded for use in code?

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2020, 06:28:57 pm »
Still digesting this, but it does look like the Best Answer was pointed right.
Not sure how one goes about decoding key numbers for use in code. It's interesting that Mouse clicks can be detected also, and how is that decoded for use in code?

If you run it, you’ll see that I tried to map the keys to match the KEYHIT codes for a standard US Keyboard, as much as possible, so you can use those values for primary reference. 

Now, some keys aren’t mapped to KEYHIT codes, simply because there’s no default KEYHIT value for them.  (Such as the PLAY, BACK, FORWARD, or STOP buttons on keyboards that have those extra keys.)  *ANY* key that Microsoft can read from a specialized keyboard should be able to be read by the program — and I gave them a default value of starting with 900000+.  If you look at the DATA statements, you can tell from them which keys they should normally map to:

Code: [Select]
    '   Index   Unmodified      Ctrl      Shift       Alt         AltGr     Repeat
    DATA 176,900176,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Media Next
    DATA 177,900177,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Media prev
    DATA 178,900178,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Media stop
    DATA 179,900179,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Media Play/Pause
    DATA 180,900180,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Launch mail
    DATA 181,900181,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Launch media select
    DATA 182,900182,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Launch app1
    DATA 183,900183,0,0,0,0,0.2: 'Launch app2

Media Play/Pause button will return a default value of 900179.  Next button is default 900176.  If your keyboard has a MAIL button, its value will be 900180.  (Unless you remap those values for your own needs/keyboards, which might be different according to your region/language, that is...)

Now, some keyboards have a mouse built in, and as such, we detect mouse buttons as extended input events as well.   (Values around 900005, or so, if I remember correctly.)

If you wanted to, you could use the input routine to either accept, or ignore those extended key events:

k = KEYHIT
SELECT CASE k
    CASE < 0 ‘keyup event
    CASE < 27 ‘CTRL-CHARACTER event... also tab, backspace, enter, a few others fall into this range.
    CASE > 900000 ‘Extended, non-keyhit codes for buttons QB64 doesn’t usually detect.
    CASE ELSE ‘The rest of the stand QB64 KEYHIT codes
END SELECT

The advantage to a completely customizable keyboard routine like this, is like TempodiBasic illustrated: Remapping of keycodes to support international keyboards.

AltGr-E in italian produces an accented “e”...  _KEYHIT doesn’t support that, but with his language modification, KEYHIT (the library sub of very similar name) does.

Code: [Select]
             Remap_KeyCode 191, 151, 0, 21, 0, 0, 0.2: '£ 
            Remap_KeyCode 222, 133, 0, 248, 0, 35, 0.2: '… ø#
            Remap_KeyCode 192, 149, 0, 128, 0, 64, 0.2: '• € @
            Remap_KeyCode 186, 138, 0, 130, 0, 91, 0.2 'Š ‚ [

(The above is an excerpt from Tempodi’s remapping to allow non-US, and non-QB64 supported, characters to be read and displayed properly with his Italian keyboard.)

Customizable keycodes...

Set them to whatever you need to support your program, language, and keyboard.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:34:19 pm by SMcNeill »
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2020, 07:23:24 pm »
@STxAxTIC  @Qwerkey

I need help with list of Tag labels, I don't think I can just make 'em up as I go...

Is [Retro] [Sim] OK? for TerryRichies 1980's Simon replica.

Don't worry for now @bplus - when there are enough entries I'll sweep through and unify all of them. I've made only a half-ass attempt at this so there's barely a pattern other than that I list them in ABC order. Just do what feels right - this will be smoothed over later.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:30:07 pm by STxAxTIC »
You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2020, 07:40:28 pm »
Qwick note to @Qwerkey, looking over your WIP list again, did you know STxAxTIC has already posted to Library Toolbox the ellipse stuff way back when it was the only thing in there for months!, another blank box to check off.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2020, 04:38:35 am »
@bplus Yes thanks, I had noticed that.  My first WIP list was rather hastily put together and some of the Actions not properly filled in.  I need all the help I can get.  You're doing an excellent job with what you're up to.  I mean to do a second page of by Views trawl, and then I'll help with what you're doing if I can.  Our Master seems to be pleased with our efforts.  I foresee a charabanc outing for Library Staff.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2020, 05:48:06 am »
Updated Trawl WIP.  Now with page 2 of by Views.  Also including InForm projects, given in red.  This list in by Views order depends upon how long a project has been on the site.  So after page 2 of this list we will revert to entry into Samples/Games by submission.

@bplus If you have time, would give the list a going over?  You were involved with many of the projects and are able to cast a more expert view.  Thanks.
 [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:09:50 am by Qwerkey »