Author Topic: Samples Gallery  (Read 22969 times)

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
Re: Samples Gallery
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »
Hey bplus - if all went right, you should now have edit power over the domains we were mentioning. Don't be bashful at all - you're a top generator here.
You're not done when it works, you're done when it's right.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 03:33:43 pm »
Thanks does this include any of the new Child Boards I see under samples?

If so, I'd say to Terry point me to your best game. Update: Oh we have Wide screen Asteroids!

If it's just Tools, I'd ask Terry, Did you have something for doing menus? or anyone? or a text editor that fits in a box.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 08:04:27 pm by bplus »

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 03:42:04 pm »
Over the last 10 years I have written quite a few games, code, and libraries. Give me a few days to go through my NAS backups over the past 10 years and see what I can dig up.
In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Offline The Librarian

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2020, 03:44:31 pm »
You both (Querkey and bplus) have full-blown power over the main boards and sub-boards. (Subordinates? lol) Anyway.

And yes Terry - let's showcase your effort. You've been a force of nature around here. Just find whatever posts and either bump them or make new threads, its all good.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 04:26:09 pm »
@RhoSigma and @SMcNeill, do you guys want to point me at anything of yours?

Is that compression routine in v1.4 now?

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2020, 04:57:03 pm »
Well I had to put up one of mine just to see, draw spinners, hope you all like it. :)

@Petr you had a music player going that was popular could you point me to that?

And anyone who wants to nominate another or them self let me know and or 2nd someone else nomination.

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 05:01:30 pm »
I could swear there was a hex editor in QB64 somewhere floating around... Anyone recall that?

EDIT:

Ah here: https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=204.0

Anyone wanna stress-test that?

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2020, 05:07:43 pm »
Well I had to put up one of mine just to see, draw spinners, hope you all like it. :)

We're being very tight about the format. Please include a perfectly trimmed screenshot, italics under Description. Please too shorten the reference URL if you can... The authors list goes in ABC order. Don't make us hunt around.

(https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2272.0)

EDIT Damn now I see why no screenshot. You're exempt on that one. By the same token, don't say there's a surprise right in the description. Either give it all away, or give nothing away, rite?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 05:17:37 pm by STxAxTIC »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2020, 05:31:07 pm »
We're being very tight about the format. Please include a perfectly trimmed screenshot, italics under Description. Please too shorten the reference URL if you can... The authors list goes in ABC order. Don't make us hunt around.

(https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2272.0)

EDIT Damn now I see why no screenshot. You're exempt on that one. By the same token, don't say there's a surprise right in the description. Either give it all away, or give nothing away, rite?

OK? Steve and Petr just offered alternate ways to do graphics but mine works fine, I think.

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2020, 05:38:38 pm »
(I'm only being so touchy about it so we have the same template going on. That stuff really stands out to some people! That Librarian is a real pedant.)

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2020, 05:44:57 pm »
(I'm only being so touchy about it so we have the same template going on. That stuff really stands out to some people! That Librarian is a real pedant.)

:) that's OK and I will assume changes are OK.

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 09:01:04 pm »
Ok, after running a search through my NAS this is the some of the more popular stuff I've submitted over the years. Feel free to use any of it.

Some of this stuff (especially the simpler games) were written for the QB64 class I used to teach in high school.

Ritchies Code.ZIP
-- Games
---- BadBox - A simple game that shows off collision detection (for QB64 class)
---- BadBox Revenge - an advanced version of BadBox showing how to do rotation and angular math (for QB64 class)
---- Classroom Jeopardy - A Jeopardy game I wrote to use in the classroom. Needs teacher input to play, not a stand alone game.
---- FlappyBird - Yep, I cloned Flappy Bird on a Saturday afternoon. Used in QB64 class.
---- Frogger - A clone of the coin-op Frogger. 95% complete (not all levels finished)
---- HangMan - A screen 0 hangman game. Two version, one with and one without subroutines. (for QB64 class)
---- Kaboom - My attempt at a clone of Kaboom by activision for the Atari 2600 (requires SDL version of QB64, uses MIDI files)
---- MineSweeper - A clone of Microsoft's Mine Sweeper game.
---- PacMan - A clone of the coin-op PacMan game. 80% complete, no collision detection implemented yet.
---- QB64 Asteroids - An asteroids clone I made to test the sprite library I created.
---- QB64 Invaders - A space Invaders clone I made to test the sprite library I created.
---- QB64 Pong - A Pong clone created for the QB64 class.
---- QB64 Simon - A clone of the 1980's Simon electronic game.
---- QBZerk - A clone of the coin-op game Berzerk from 1980 by Stern
---- Space Invaders - A true clone of the coin-op game Space Invaders (98% complete)
---- Super Mario Jump - A silly little game created for the QB64 class.
---- Super Megabug - The game I was working on in QB45 when I discovered QB64 (required SLD version of QB64, uses MIDI files)
---- Widescreen Asteroids - An asteroids clone I wrote with enhancements I felt should be in the original.

-- Libraries
---- Button - A button library with included documentation.
---- Graphics Line Input - A graphical line input command library with included documentation.
---- Menu - A library for creating Windows style menus in QB64 with included documentation.
---- Sprite - The sprite library I wrote back in 2011 with included documentation.

-- Misc
---- Hocus Pocus - A graphics demo showing how to create soft particle effects.
---- iOS Clone - An icon drag and drop thingy I was working on. Reminds me of how you can move icons around in iOS (iPad, iPhone, etc..)
---- LED Maker - An LED sign maker
---- MrSmiley - Shows the difference between INKEY$ and _KEYDOWN (made for QB64 class)
---- Physics - A couple physics demos showing circles bouncing off each other (think pool balls)

-- QB45
---- Etch a Sketch - An Etch a Sketch I made back in 2006 before QB64. I'm from Ohio, Etch a Sketch was invented in Ohio. I had to :-)

Download from here: https://www.qb64sourcecode.com/RitchiesCode.zip

Can't attach for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:12:22 pm by TerryRitchie »

Offline STxAxTIC

• Library Staff
  • Forum Resident
  • he lives
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2020, 09:06:43 pm »
Sounds excellent, this is quite a legacy to digest. Thanks so much!

Just looking for the zip...

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 09:13:07 pm »
Sorry, I had to upload it to my web site. The forum would not attach it.

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 09:48:15 pm »
Wow Terry!

I remember a few of those, even modifying Flappy. Mineweeper was like an exact duplicate of MS Windows version. QBzerk was that moving around cubes? looks like Widescreen Asteroids was good pick.

Me, I am going to check Menu because I was asking for that earlier.

Indeed a legacy.

Update: Nope QBzerk is running around mazes 1980's Arcade game style. Opens with Asimov's 3 Laws for robots. I think I heard a clip from Pink Floyd.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:57:43 pm by bplus »