Author Topic: UI Theme Editor  (Read 3687 times)

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
UI Theme Editor
« on: March 12, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »
Fellippe, is there an InForm theme editor available? I would like to create a Windows 2000 theme (aka "Classic Windows") for InForm if possible. If no editor then perhaps information posted somewhere with details on how to create another UI theme? I get the basic idea that the images have been converted using DAV's BIN/BAS and they are recreated as needed later on, just not sure where to begin.

By the way, I studied the InForm source code in some detail last night. What an amazing piece of work.
In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

FellippeHeitor

Re: UI Theme Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:44:45 pm »
Hi, Terry. I haven't gotten around to writing a theme editor yet. What I did was move the drawing routines from xp.uitheme back into InForm.ui, so that the .uitheme files will only contain resources when theming becomes a thing, then themes should be easily swappable by just changing the $INCLUDE line.

I'm still to make several "magic numbers" in the code become variables so that theming can be more flexible as well. For now it's probably even hard for me to explain the steps I took along the way.

By the way, I studied the InForm source code in some detail last night. What an amazing piece of work.

I'm truly flattered, Terry. Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:53:04 pm by FellippeHeitor »

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:01:07 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I'm looking forward to a theme editor when available then. In the meantime I'm currently looking at different ways to incorporate InForm into my projects. I got the UI bug again myself (thanks Bplus) and have gotten even farther than my last attempt at a multiple window interface. My next step is to see if I can incorporate an InForm UI into each of the windows separately. I've gotten as far as getting separate programs running independently in each window. Having InForm in the mix would only be logical.

"Magic numbers" LOL, I know exactly what you mean.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:02:34 pm by TerryRitchie »

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 05:53:03 am »

Yep.  InForm deserves much wider usage (and I'd be incapable of studying the InForm source code).

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 11:52:33 am »
Yep.  InForm deserves much wider usage (and I'd be incapable of studying the InForm source code).

I agree, that's why I'm looking at ways of using it in my coding going forward.

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:44:11 am »
(and I'd be incapable of studying the InForm source code).

It's very well organized and thought out, you would be surprised once you dive into it. To most people the HUGE size of it may scare people from looking at the code. There's lots to be learned in there.

Do you want to look at "noodle soup"? Take a gander at the QB64 source code for SDL version .945. Woohoo, you'll need more than few meatballs to go along with that spaghetti.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:46:30 am by TerryRitchie »

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 01:00:53 am »
It's very well organized and thought out, you would be surprised once you dive into it. To most people the HUGE size of it may scare people from looking at the code. There's lots to be learned in there.

Do you want to look at "noodle soup"? Take a gander at the QB64 source code for SDL version .945. Woohoo, you'll need more than few meatballs to go along with that spaghetti.

And, if that's not bad enough for you, go take a look at the SDL-2020 version I was working on before the Mrs. got sick -- it's like somebody was crazy enough to go and add cheese to that spaghetti-and-meatball code!! 

Worst part is my wife might finally be getting to come back home next week...

...and that means I'll have free time to start coding again...

...and that means I'll have to decipher that whole mess once again so I can continue to continue to work on it again.

/CRY.
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline TerryRitchie

• Seasoned Forum Regular
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 01:12:07 am »
I've said it before and I'll say it again ... There's a special place in heaven for those that work on the QB64 source code.