Author Topic: Correct Path for $INCLUDE Files in InForm  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
Correct Path for $INCLUDE Files in InForm
« on: June 28, 2019, 07:27:25 am »
My projects generally have lots of files for loading at runtime (images/sounds), and I keep everything tidily in a sub-folder as good practice.  This means that users don't have to clog up their root QB64 folder and can delete the project folder easily.  You have to have the Output exe to source folder option checked.

In a project I'm working on I've also got the following statements:
Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. '$INCLUDE:'InForm.ui'
  2. '$INCLUDE:'xp.uitheme'
  3. '$INCLUDE:'Duck Shoot.frm'

There are no modifiers for the file names.  This works OK for the computer where I'm creating and editing the project, but when I take the project folder to another computer it says it cannot locate these files.

What should be the correct format for the $INCLUDE: statements?  (I remember that I came across this previously, but can't remember what I changed to get everything to work.).

Offline Ashish

• Forum Resident
  • Never Give Up!
Re: Correct Path for $INCLUDE Files in InForm
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:30:13 am »
You must also move the necessary files (InForm.ui, xp.uitheme, Duck Shoot.frm) along with you project.
Then It can locate the files easily.
if (Me.success) {Me.improve()} else {Me.tryAgain()}

My Projects - https://github.com/AshishKingdom?tab=repositories
OpenGL tutorials - https://ashishkingdom.github.io/OpenGL-Tutorials

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
Re: Correct Path for $INCLUDE Files in InForm
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 12:56:57 pm »
It turns out that I had only version 1.2 on my second computer.  With 1.3 QB64 and InForm Beta8, the program worked properly without having to modify the path identifier.  However, I notice that the icon load never works without a path modifier.

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. $EXEICON:'.\helloducky.ico'

Without the .\ before the icon file (which, of course, is also stored in the project folder), the icon is not recognised.