Author Topic: Where to put DATA lines?  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
Where to put DATA lines?
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:54:46 am »
Fellippe, quick question: where's the best place to put DATA lines in the .bas?  In a non-InForm .bas this would be after SYSTEM (assuming this or similar exists), but there isn't such a thing for an InForm-created file.  Right at the end of all the SUB's?

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
Re: Where to put DATA lines?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:19:16 am »
Supplementary question (which may have been asked elsewhere): May I use _KEYDOWN, or do I have to use the InForm equivalents?

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:33:50 am »
Fellippe, quick question: where's the best place to put DATA lines in the .bas?  In a non-InForm .bas this would be after SYSTEM (assuming this or similar exists), but there isn't such a thing for an InForm-created file.  Right at the end of all the SUB's?

If it’s just a data block, no labels, you can add them after the last sub in your main .bas. If you’ll need labels for RESTORE, add them before the external modules are $INCLUDEd.

Supplementary question (which may have been asked elsewhere): May I use _KEYDOWN, or do I have to use the InForm equivalents?

No problem using _KEYDOWN. For _KEYHIT, use __UI_KeyHit instead.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:35:27 am »
If the data is only relevant to a specific sub or function, you can place it inside said procedure, labels allowed.

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 05:43:31 am »
Fellippe, further supplementary question, which I only ask out of nervousness (I should be more confident in my beliefs):  If a Frame is Disabled and Hidden are ALL the controls upon it also Disabled and Hidden?  In practice, I have found this to be so as it should be, so apologies for the mithering ("mither": northern English verb for to bother).  Thanks.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 08:52:22 am »
Your assumption is correct 🙂

Offline TempodiBasic

• Forum Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 05:50:03 pm »
Hi Qwerkey
just a question...
but don't you like to read book?
:-) I assume no.