Active Forums > QB64 Discussion

Security advice RE: [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] (not qb64.org)

<< < (5/5)

davidshq:
Cool, thanks. For fun I'm also checking the commoncrawl.org corpus to see what they have, it dates way back and they have petabytes of content these days.

FellippeHeitor:
The forum software generates pages dynamically. When crawlers do their thing, they fetch a snapshot. Some links will point to said snapshots, hence the illusion that it's working.

Kiara87:

--- Quote from: Galleon on November 22, 2019, 08:14:56 pm ---This is a security warning that I do not own nor have I owned [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] for over a year.
Whatever content is hosted there is a copy of whatever someone could scrape off the old site.
If you have attempted to login to the forum at [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] since I discontinued ownership there is a possibility that your passwords have been stolen.
I have no evidence that this has occurred or that the new owner of [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] is malicious. I am merely advising that this is a possibility.
If you are a person who uses the same password everywhere (you should look to changing that btw) and you have entered your credentials into the scraped site I highly recommend you change your passwords on other sites to something else.
Please do not expect me to reply to this message.

--- End quote ---

because the owner of [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] is not the owner of the forum qb64.org?
or before the program was its creator another person?
the forum [abandoned, outdated and now likely malicious qb64 dot net website - don’t go there] the creator = forum qb64.org ?
as far as i know before qb64 was there  QBASIC Quick Basic 45, Basic

xra7en:
thanks for the update - was having issues with *.net did not know it was NOT a part of *.org, I did manage to get a new download from *.org, so hope that was good

tomxp411:
Does anyone own a trademark on QB64? If you do, then you can get it shut down that way.

I was part of a ham radio club a few years ago who had their callsign's .com stolen by a former member, and that was the method they used to get it back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version