Author Topic: Producing Apps As a Developer Questions  (Read 1507 times)

Offline SierraKen

• Forum Resident
Producing Apps As a Developer Questions
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:45:15 pm »
Hi all,

I am looking a bit into what it takes to be an Apps Developer using QB64 stuff I make. I've tried just adding .zip files of the .exe to my website but for people using Windows Security that comes with Windows 10 (and probably earlier versions), it tries to scare people away from using them because you are an unknown developer. There's a way to run them of course, but I don't like how it scares people like that. I looked into becoming an Apps Developer for Windows Store and if it's just me, it only costs $19 it says. But I'm still not sure if they would accept something like this and I'm still not sure if that would automatically make me a known developer so people wouldn't get scared to use my downloads. Or even if I am only supposed do put them on Windows Store. These are my main questions before I fork over $19 to try it. Does anyone know anything about any of these things? Thanks. Oh also, I don't plan on selling anything for money, so anything I have posted here or my QB64 website will remain and anything I do put on the Windows Store or anywhere else that I have posted already as free, will remain free. Awhile back I saw somewhere online that someone actually did put something on Windows Store from a QB64 app, but they said they had to go through hoops, whatever that means. Any help is appreciated as usual.