Author Topic: Maryann Board Game in Qb64  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Donald Foster

Maryann Board Game in Qb64
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:57 am »
Hello All,

Maryann is a board game I designed and named it after my wife. I put together a board game that combine rules, features and characteristics of different board games.

The game is played on an 8x8 checkered board with 8 round discs lined up on each back row with arrows on top. The arrows point to the location where it can move to next. Each players turn consists of 2 moves. Moves consists on either one of the following: rotate player's piece, move a piece 1 space up,down, right, left, or diagonal, jump own pieces  diagonal or capture opponent's piece up, down, left or right. A piece can be rotated on the same move, counts as 2 moves, Can move 1 piece twice or 2 pieces once. As pieces are removed from rows and columns the outer rows and columns are removed from the board. The winner is the player who captures their opponents first.

Donald
* Maryann.bas (Filesize: 12.08 KB, Downloads: 260)
Maryann Screenshot.png
* Maryann Screenshot.png (Filesize: 97.13 KB, Dimensions: 1034x766, Views: 446)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:25:42 am by Donald Foster »

Offline bplus

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Resident
  • b = b + ...
Re: Maryann Board Game in Qb64
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:49:36 pm »
Hi Donald,

I have to say, I have lost your section of games at Walter's place being buried in a maze of boards and threads.

The QB64 Edition / QB64 Member Projects / QB64 Coders Delight / Video Games of the Programming Guru's / Donald Foster / Donald Foster's games v / Maryann Board Game in Qb64

It's the "Video Games... " one that really throws me, not at all what a Donald Foster game is, IMHO.

I bring this up because I thought you had mentioned more about Maryann game there and wanted to check but had a shell of a time finding it.

(Is Walter reading?) :D