Author Topic: The QB64 Bible (Work In Progress)  (Read 5187 times)

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
Re: The QB64 Bible (Work In Progress)
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2022, 10:01:02 am »
Updated to what I have so far with this... Progress has been much slower than I imagined, but that's life here on the farm!  The last cold spell which came through this way ended up freezing a few water pipes and busting them for us, and I've spent the last few days digging up fields and replacing water lines.  Had to replace a water tank, a pump, several control switches, and about 300 feet of line so far!   

Current repair bill -- $2580.00, for all that!!

So why do we always hear about the government having to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix a simple broken water main in the center of town??

The older I get, the more I strongly believe that we need the farmers running our government and the government employees need to just learn to pick beans on a farm!  :P

Updates in this version:

Numbers and Overflow
Screen 256
Screen 32 (started, but not finished)

Changed the save file to include the date in it, so folks can easily tell how old their version is verses the current one available from the download link in the first post in this topic.

More to come as time, and life on the farm, allows.  Today I've got to replace several water filters and such in the house as the broken lines let dirt and grit into my system, but this should be a one-day job.  Hopefully, I can get back to working on my little bible with a little more free time starting tomorrow again. ;)
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline SMcNeill

• QB64 Developer
  • Forum Resident
    • Steve’s QB64 Archive Forum
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2022, 02:02:43 pm »
Small update just to prove to myself that I haven't forgotten about this project.  ;)

Finished up the Screen 32 topic.
Added _BIT type into the discussion.

Next up:  _FLOAT type.  People bring it up all the time, so it needs a nice little bit of documentation on it.  If anyone has any specific questions or ideas they'd like me to address or include when talking about _FLOAT, feel free to bring them up here.
https://github.com/SteveMcNeill/Steve64 — A github collection of all things Steve!

Offline Richard

• Seasoned Forum Regular
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »
@SMcNeill

My suggestion...

After a brief description, mention in detail with examples if possible, of what's wrong with it (c/f PRINT, PRINT USING, etc).

Then mention what's right with it , eg how big numbers in theory you could go (+precision), when one should always use ## (irrespective  of dims, types, declare, constants,  etc). how it matches up to other .,variable types (I started on the number space of _FLOAT study, for the case of integers - so one could compare to INTEGER64 values).

Maybe have some speed comparisons e.g

SINGLE vs DOUBLE vs FLOAT vs INTEGER64