Author Topic: Master Sword finally done  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Craz1000

• Forum Regular
  • I'm OK
    • Craz1000.net
Master Sword finally done
« on: June 19, 2021, 09:17:15 pm »
It has been a little over a year since I started this project. Thanks to some help by bPlus and Petr, I was able to faithfully recreate the original NES Zelda game. This project started after my son played the original game and then found the second disappointing. It also comes with the world editor I used to make the world. Controls are standard W,A,S,D. Q is "B" and E is "A". TAB is "Start". Game auto saves as you go as well. I plan on releasing a version that uses my server to house the leaderboard, just need to know if you guys prefer a speed running type board or a least deaths approach. That version will be .EXE only that way it hides the key used to log into the server and encrypts the save file to try and keep it fair. Controller support is in the game, I personally used a PS4 controller with it so I do not know how other hardware will act. But anyway, ENJOY!
* MSSource.zip (Filesize: 9.82 MB, Downloads: 116)
MSInfo.jpg
* MSInfo.jpg (Filesize: 119.69 KB, Dimensions: 1026x795, Views: 196)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:54:11 pm by Craz1000 »

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
Re: Mastersword finally done
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 12:37:48 am »
I don't understand why it isn't coded in screen zero. After all, a masters word program seems like it should be written for a text screen.

Pete
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Craz1000

• Forum Regular
  • I'm OK
    • Craz1000.net
Re: Mastersword finally done
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 02:04:47 am »
How would you be able to use the clip art?

Offline Pete

• Forum Resident
  • Cuz I sez so, varmint!
Re: Master Sword finally done
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 07:00:01 pm »
Oh, I see you edited the title and changed it to, "Master Sword" instead of Mastersword. So instead of a word program for masters, masters word, we now have a graphics sword game, instead. Well... you still should have coded it in SCREEN 0! :D

Pete

- It's all ASC-2-me.
Want to learn how to write code on cave walls? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/qbasic-f1/

Offline Craz1000

• Forum Regular
  • I'm OK
    • Craz1000.net
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 08:45:10 pm »
LMAO. Well, what can one say to that?

Offline Craz1000

• Forum Regular
  • I'm OK
    • Craz1000.net
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 01:10:58 pm »
It has been some time since this was released. Any gripes or anything i should have done differently on this before i start on the next game? I know it is pretty heavy code wise.