Author Topic: [FIXED] Problem with InForrm 1.2 and QB64 1.5 on Mint 20.1  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
    • My small QB64 contribution
[FIXED] Problem with InForrm 1.2 and QB64 1.5 on Mint 20.1
« on: February 24, 2021, 02:12:36 am »
Hi Fellippe,
When compiling InForm 1.2 with QB64 1.5 (the dev build you gave me the link), UiEditor is well created, but when you start it, the first form isn't created.
We already had this problem in the past that you fixed (I guess) with a longer time to create the executable file of UiEditorPreview.bas.
This is what you said in your 1.2 announce message on the point: "Adjusts communication between UiEditor and UiEditorPreview so they don’t timeout in some Linux distros." and still has problem with some distros.
However, I found a "trick" for my installation script by compiling UiEditorPreview independently before launching InForm for the first time..., and it's working!
Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. qb64 -x /opt/qb64/InForm/UiEditorPreview.bas -o /opt/qb64/InForm/UiEditorPreview
Just to let you know that this problem is on different Linux distros such as LinuxMint 20.1 or Debian 8 but not with Ubuntu.
Please let me know when (if) you'll make a fix that I can integrate in my script.
However, there is no hurry since I've my workaround but that can be good for others who don't use my installation script and who will face this problem.
Cheers.
Edited: Fixed with my trick below for QB64 v 1.5
Fifi
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:44:39 pm by Fifi »
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
Re: Problem wirh InForrm 1.2 and QB64 1.5 (dev build) on Mint 20.1
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 05:49:31 pm »
Hi Fellippe,

I found a simple "trick" to fix the problem above, trick that I've included in my muti lingual installation script for Linux boxes.

Instead of asking to InForm to compile UiEditorPreview.bas, I compile it myself via the classic command line before to start InForm for the first time.

And this works on any disto whatever the delay to create the executable! :)

Just to let you know.

Cheers.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

FellippeHeitor

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:31:37 pm »
Thanks, Fifi. I’ll have a look.

Offline Fifi

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 11:20:55 am »
Hi Fellippe,

Thanks, Fifi. I’ll have a look.

I've just modified your installation script like below (as I did in my own script) and that solves the problem for any Linux platform.

Code: QB64: [Select]
  1. #!/bin/bash
  2. # InForm for QB64 - Setup script
  3. if [ -e "./qb64" ]; then
  4.   echo "Compiling InForm..."
  5.   ./qb64 -x ./InForm/UiEditor.bas -o ./UiEditor
  6.   ./qb64 -x ./InForm/UiEditorPreview.bas -o ./InForm/UiEditorPreview
  7.   if [ -e "./UiEditor" ] && [ -e "./InForm/UiEditorPreview" ]; then
  8.       echo "Running InForm Designer..."
  9.       ./UiEditor &
  10.   else
  11.       echo "Compilation failed."
  12.       echo "Make sure you unpacked all files in QB64's folder, preserving the directory structure and also that you have version 1.2 or later of QB64 to use InForm."
  13.   fi  
  14.       echo "Compilation failed."
  15.       echo "Make sure you have version 1.2 or later of QB64 to use InForm."
  16. fi
  17. echo
  18. echo "Thank you for choosing InForm for QB64."

Simple and efficient.

Cheers.
Fifi