Active Forums > Programs

QBZerk

(1/2) > >>

TerryRitchie:
This was the last game I created in QB64 back in 2015. It's a remake of the 1980 arcade game Berzerk. The attached ZIP file contains the source code and all assets needed for the game.

Watch out for Evil Otto!

bplus:
Wow! great sound, is that Pink Floyd I hear? and starting with Asimov's 3 Rules for Robots, nice!

I've only just started looking it over but it is like an answer to my map question. I like the self generating mazes!

TerryRitchie:
I found a document on the Internet that explained how the original programmers generated their mazes so I replicated it. In fact, if you play the coin-op game, and then mine, you'll notice the mazes generated are exactly the same.

Since you are the only human in a robot world, I decided to take Asimov's laws and 'twist' them for human behavior, giving the player a reason for fighting robots.

Thanks for the kudos :)

bplus:
Oh man! I missed the twist in the rules (I am not the world's greatest reader), thanks!

madscijr:
@TerryRitchie @bplus
This is a great adaptation. I'm looking at modifying it to support 4 players simultaneously, where it's a shootout between the players (and the robots are optional). Kind of like the old Atari "Outlaw" game.
So far I edited the sprite PNG file to make the player transparent and need to modify the code to draw the player in a variable color. That part is not working yet, all I achieved is making the player invisible!
Also I moved the sound (.ogg) files into a "sounds" folder to make it easier to work with the files.
I will share updates if I get anywhere with this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version