QB64 Team Software > InForm-based programs

Word Search

(1/1)

George McGinn:
A couple of days ago I went through Fellippe's video and recreated his program, so I have zipped it up and is available.

However, I have made some improvements to it, namely:

* Added a QUIT button, as I found out on MAC OSX, there is no X button to close the form, and the red dot is greyed out.
* Formatted the search results using @SMcNeill' format string function he wrote and updated for me (https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg133716#msg133716)
* Removed all the code not needed (You need to leave all the generated SUBs in, but can remove statements not used)The zip file contains:

* bible.txt - The text version of the King James Bible from the Gutenberg Project
* countWords.bas - The original console version from the video
* wordSearch.bas - The source code originally generated by InForm, with the updates from countWords and my additional changes
* bibleSearch.bas - Shows what the code would/should look like after removing all the SELECT/CASE statements not needed
* wordSearch.frm - The form file generated by InForm
* wordSearch - A Linux Binary file, which after compiling, is the only file needed for distribution (unless you need to supply Font files)
* InForm - A folder with all the files necessary to compile the programs in QB64 or edit the form in InFormYou will also notice that there is no form named bibleSearch.frm. That's because I use the wordSearch.frm in that program. Bear in mind that if you edit wordSearch.frm in InForm, it will create a new wordSearch form and BASIC program, or if the BASIC program already exists, will update your version without wiping out the code you placed in it.

Below is a screen print of my modified form while processing a search. When the search completes, the message changes to say "Search completed ...".

Here is the Zip file:
  wordSearch.zip

FellippeHeitor:
Thanks for sharing it, @George McGinn! I'm really glad you got your feet wet with InForm. Keep 'em coming!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version